Health and Fitness
Good Shepherd Pediatrics is here to help your child stay fit and healthy by providing opportunities to keep your child moving.
Yoga for Kids can benefit children with developmental delays, autism, down syndrome, orthopedic disorders, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and other additional needs.
As a therapy tool the program aims to:
- Help children gain balance, self-esteem and coordination
- Encourage listening skills and direction following
- Build creativity and increase body awareness
Classes cost $10 per session.
Introduction to Yoga and Fitness for Young Adults with Additional Needs can benefit individuals between the ages of 15-35 who have been diagnosed with developmental disabilities, autism, down syndrome, orthopedic disorders, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy and other neurological conditions.
This program aims to:
- Introduce yoga as a wellness tool to improve health
- Guide participants through a variety of poses and breathing techniques
- Educate participants on the benefits of fitness with exposure to a variety of different exercises
Classes cost $5 per session.
Purchase 10 classes and get 1 free!
Please call 1-888-44-REHAB (73422) or contact us online for information on the location and class schedule for Yoga for Kids and Introduction to Yoga and Fitness for Young Adults with Additional Needs.
Find a Good Shepherd Pediatrics outpatient location.
For more information on our outpatient services or to make an appointment, contact us online or call 1-888-44-REHAB (73422).